Position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center.
Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst (Part-Time)
MassBudget is seeking a dynamic Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst to lead MassBudget's work in one or more of the following areas: MassHealth, public health, mental health, human services, and early education. The Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst will have opportunities to work on other state budget and policy issues that relate to improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults in Massachusetts. We’re seeking candidates who have strong policy analysis skills, work well independently and in teams, and can communicate information effectively to diverse audiences. We’re also looking for candidates who have a demonstrated passion for improving the lives of lower-income people and can demonstrate a connection to low-income communities and communities of color.
MassBudget produces non-partisan policy research, analysis, and data-driven recommendations focused on improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults, strengthening our state’s economy, and enhancing the quality of life in Massachusetts. We conduct rigorous policy research, with an eye towards presenting our work in ways that are accessible to and easily used by grassroots organizations, the media, policy advocates, and policy makers. We are the Massachusetts affiliate of several national networks including State Priorities Partnership, Annie E. Casey Foundation's Kids Count network, and Economic Analysis and Research Network.
- Leading MassBudget’s research in one or more policy areas and identifying actionable policy recommendations
- Building our organizational relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including other researchers, advocates, and grassroots and community groups
- Expanding access to our analysis and data, including delivering presentations to organizations and coalitions
- Contributing to other policy research and MassBudget's analysis of state budget proposals
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree or comparable professional experience
- For a Policy Analyst, at least one year of experience doing policy research, preferably with a fiscal analysis component, in one of the areas listed above. For a Senior Policy Analyst, at least five years of similar experience, as well as an ability to serve as a go-to resource to key stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults in Massachusetts
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Comfort working with Excel
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience
- Organizing experience, particularly developing strong relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Computer graphic design skills (e.g. ability to help create infographics to accompany reports)
- Editing or other coaching support
- Fluency in a foreign language with a large presence in Massachusetts
Salary and Benefits
The position is likely part time. Salary is competitive and based on qualifications and experience. MassBudget also provides generous benefits including health care, vacation, and a 401k plan.
How to apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put “YOUR NAME, Policy Analyst” OR “YOUR NAME, Senior Policy Analyst” in the subject line. This position is open until filled.
MassBudget has a strong commitment to diversity. We encourage applications from persons whose background and experiences will increase the diversity of our organization.